When you sign up for my NewsBlog, you can opt out anytime. I never send spam and will never pass on your details.
I respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to me. I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others without your consent. This policy is effective as of August, 2019.
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on my Website in the following ways:
- Your name and contact information as a subscriber to my monthly NewsBlog with updates and promo’s
- To respond to your questions, comments and requests.
- When you have opted-in to receive marketing material from me and/or deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences.
- I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it and should I ever need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will request your permission.
- This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Personal information, including your email address.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included.
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies.
- These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
- Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
- All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
- Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.